By: Sharon Aron Baron
Talk Media’s publications were once again named 2021 finalists by the Florida Press Club.
On Oct. 28, Talk Media was named in two categories: Online, Independent News Site, Class A-C, and Writing, Community News, Class C.
In 2020, Talk Media earned First Place for Independent News Website.
Based in Coral Springs, Talk Media was created in 2010 with The Woodlands and expanded to include Tamarac Talk in 2011, Coral Springs Talk in 2012, and Parkland Talk in 2017. The online publications receive 500,000 – 800,000 monthly hits and have 70,000 Facebook and 32,000 Twitter followers.
What was once just a way to connect neighbors in the community has grown and are now must-reads for residents in Northwest Broward County —filling the hole newspapers left behind.
In 2021, Coral Springs Talk received a proclamation from the City of Coral Springs requested by City Commissioner Joy Carter, who credited the online news source for supporting residents like Frank Molino, who needed a kidney.
“One of their impressive stories — and they’ve had many — was they assisted a city employee who desperately needed a transplant. With the story they published, they helped him get a new kidney,” said Carter.
Commissioner Shawn Cerra, who is also director of athletics and school activities for the Broward County Public Schools, added, “On behalf of all the kids in our community, I just want to say thank you for the coverage of what’s going on with our schools and in athletics.”
The Florida Press Club is a nonprofit organization of writers, editors, photographers, graphic artists, researchers, librarians, and support technicians working for Florida news organizations.
Winners will be announced in December 2021.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat