By Faran Fagen
At their first staff meeting of March, Jeffrey Cirminiello, Broward Sheriff’s Office Captain for the Tamarac district, honored Talk Media founder Sharon Aron Baron and her staff in appreciation for outstanding reporting.
“I want to express our sincere appreciation for your exceptional reporting on issues and events in our city,” Cirminiello said, introducing the award. “Your dedication to keeping the community informed and holding those in positions of power accountable is truly commendable.”
In 2011, Baron returned to her love of writing and connecting neighbors by creating websites to bring local and timely news to the community, first with Tamarac Talk, then with Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Margate Talk, and Parkland Talk.
Part of Talk Media, Tamarac Talk provides original news, views, and political coverage. It was a First Place Winner of the Florida Press Club’s Online Independent Website in 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 and for Community News in 2022.
Cirminiello has been impressed with Baron and her staff’s unbiased reporting, coupled with her “unwavering commitment to transparency and honesty,” which has significantly impacted the community.
“We all work so hard covering local news that it’s amazing to be honored by someone like Captain Cirminiello,” said Baron adding that after covering Tamarac for 12 years, she and her writers appreciate the recognition.
According to Cirminiello, Tamarac Talk’s reporting on the Broward Sheriff’s Office has shed light on important issues. Her staff’s “investigative journalism has helped uncover the truth behind many matters that would have otherwise gone unnoticed.”
“Your work has been vital in keeping the public informed about the actions of the Broward Sheriff’s Office, and I am appreciative of the time and effort you have invested in covering these important stories,” Cirminiello said. “You have truly kept your finger on the pulse of our community, and I am grateful for the invaluable service you provide.”
Before handing Baron the tall glass trophy, he thanked her for outstanding reporting and dedication to the truth.
“Your hard work and commitment to excellence are an inspiration to us all,” he said.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Faran Fagen, who teaches high school journalism, graduated from the University of Missouri-Columbia with a Journalism degree and from Florida Atlantic University with a degree in Education. He's worked at The Palm Beach Post, SunSentinel, and MLB.com. He lives in Coral Springs with his wife and two children. Oh, and his three dogs -- who all think that they're his favorite.
- News2023.03.06Tamarac Captain Awards Talk Media for Outstanding Reporting
- News2023.03.02Broward Sheriff’s Office in Tamarac Creates Interfaith Initiative to Strengthen Ties with the Community
- News2023.02.27Challenger Baseball Season-Opener a Major Hit for Local Families
- News2023.02.16Detective-Sergeant Devoune Williams: Serving and Protecting with Pride, Passion, and Purpose