By Agrippina Fadel
The City of Tamarac is honoring men and women who served in the United States Armed Forces at the Veterans Day ceremony on Thursday, November 11, where they’re revealing a new Honor Wall panel recognizing local veterans.
This year, the special guest speaker is Brigadier General Regina A. Sabric, Deputy Director of Operations, U.S. Southern Command in Miami.
After graduating from Penn State University with a degree in aerospace engineering, in 1996, she enlisted in the Air Force through Officer Training School.
Sabric was on active duty before joining the Air Force Reserve in 2011, serving in various staff and flying assignments.
As a command pilot, she has flown combat and combat support missions in Operations Allied Force and Enduring Freedom. She has served multiple times in Operations Iraqi Freedom and Noble Eagle.
Sabric has held numerous leadership and command positions, most recently as Commander of the 419th Fighter Wing, Hill Air Force Base, Utah.
Included will be The Massing of Colors by Tamarac Fire Rescue and speeches from Mayor Michelle Gomez and the city commission.
The Veterans Day event is on Thursday, November 11, at 10:30 a.m. in Veterans Memorial Park at 7825 Southgate Boulevard.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.06.05Strike for a Cause by Joining the 6th Annual Chamber Bowling Tournament in Tamarac
- News2023.06.05Get Your Groove On During Free Jazzercise Class with the Mayor
- News2023.06.04Ticket Alert: Don’t Miss Biana Pinchuk and Don Stansfield Double Show in Tamarac
- News2023.06.04Tamarac Honors Juneteenth: Join A Community Celebration of Freedom