By Agrippina Fadel
The EMS Week Awards ceremony at Broward Health North recognized the outstanding work of Tamarac Fire Rescue employees.
The 48th annual Emergency Medical Services Week Awards, celebrated on May 21 – 27, recognized EMS professionals who exceeded expectations while conducting pre-hospital care and ensuring the health and safety of their community.
Tamarac Fire Rescue Driver Engineer Scott Hudanich received the 2023 Steward of the Community EMS Award at the ceremony hosted by Florida Medical Center. Firefighter Paramedic Francois Avril was also recognized during the Broward Health North breakfast awards ceremony for his exceptional contributions to the health and well-being of the Tamarac community throughout the year.
Tamarac Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Rafael Droz said Hudanich and Avril are both wonderful ambassadors for the organization and exemplary employees. “Tamarac Fire Rescue feels very fortunate to have staff members who provide excellent customer service and inspire others around them to be better,” he added.
To celebrate EMS Week, Broward Health North hosted its annual EMS awards breakfast to recognize local first responders from Broward Sheriff’s Office Fire Rescue, North Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, and Tamarac Fire Rescue for their outstanding work serving the local community.
The same week, Broward Health Coral Springs hosted food trucks and an ice cream sundae bar for local EMS providers with Tamarac Fire Rescue, Margate Fire Department, and the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsSeptember 24, 2023High Schoolers Offered 100 Service Hours for Fostering Dogs from Broward County Animal Care
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Lauderhill Police Hold Next ‘Coffee with a Cop’ October 12
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Tamarac Offers Free Certification Course for HOA Board Members
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Ticket Alert: Flashback Four Rocks Kings Point Palace Sept. 23