By: Sharon Aron Baron
Join our area Veterans on Friday, November 11, to honor the men and women who served in the United States Armed Forces who deserve this day in recognition for their service to our country.
Special Guest Speaker
Guest speaker will be Sergeant Major Kenneth R. Juede, Director of Mission United’s Homeless Veteran Reintegration Program & Veteran Employment services.
Sergeant Major Juede recently retired from the Army after over 29 years of military service. He is is a seasoned Military Police soldier and multiple combat tour veteran, whose most recent combat assignment included a deployment to Afghanistan working a critical training and assistance mission with the Afghanistan National Police. His final active duty assignment included service as a Course Facilitator at Fort Bliss, Texas, where he was responsible for providing instruction to senior enlisted leaders.
Juede’s military awards include the Legion of Merit, two Bronze Stars, and the Combat Action Badge. He obtained an undergraduate degree from Excelsior College and completed his graduate work at the University of Texas in El Paso, as well as the University of Louisville. He is the son of a Vietnam Veteran and father to two sons: Tyler (Army Veteran) and Ian, who recently graduated from college.
Included at the event will be the Massing of Colors by the Tamarac Fire Rescue as well as music played by the Coral Glades High School Band and special messages by the Mayor Harry Dressler and the city commission. Also, light refreshments will be provided after the service by VITAS Health Care.
The Veteran’s Day event will be at 10:30 a.m. at Veterans Memorial Park at 7825 Southgate Boulevard.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year
- News2021.09.01Reserve Your Space at the Next City-Wide Garage Sale