By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac will be hosting the Mayor’s Chess Challenge on Saturday, a free event that is part of a countywide initiative by local mayors to highlight the benefits of chess for children.
“The Mayors’ Chess Challenge is an opportunity to test your skills and enjoy a little friendly competition,” he said.
Last year several hundred players filled the Tamarac Community Center and with the popularity of chess in schools, there may be even more.
Created by Sunrise Mayor Mike Ryan and Lauderhill Mayor Richard Kaplan in 2014 as a way to highlight the benefits of chess in an academic environment, it has now been brought to other cities.
Held on Saturday November 5, 2016 from 10 a.m. to noon, everyone is welcome to attend with no advance registration. Come meet local mayor’s and commissioners from neighboring cities.
The Tamarac Community Center at 8601 West Commercial Boulevard. Map it.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.19Make-A-Wish Surprises Tamarac Teen with Exclusive Shopping Spree
- News2021.01.18Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Food Distribution on Tuesday
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments