The City of Tamarac will honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with a free celebration at the community center.
The event will feature speaker Dr. Jaffus Hardrick, who was named the 14th president of Florida Memorial University last April. Located in Miami Gardens, the historically black university enrolls just over 1,200 students — 73 percent of whom are black.
Hardrick received his Ed.D. in Educational Administration from Baylor University; his M.Ed., in Education in Counseling from Prairie View A&M University; and his B.A. in Sociology from the University of Louisiana, and is a proud member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity.
Also at the event will be a dance performance by Ashanti Cultural Events.
The event is free, and all ages are welcome. There will also be free refreshments. Held on Friday, January 17, at 6:30 p.m. at the Tamarac Community Center Located at 8601 West Commercial Blvd.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.06.08Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians for 2023
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County