The City of Tamarac will honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with a free celebration at the community center.
The event will feature speaker Dr. Jaffus Hardrick, who was named the 14th president of Florida Memorial University last April. Located in Miami Gardens, the historically black university enrolls just over 1,200 students — 73 percent of whom are black.
Hardrick received his Ed.D. in Educational Administration from Baylor University; his M.Ed., in Education in Counseling from Prairie View A&M University; and his B.A. in Sociology from the University of Louisiana, and is a proud member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity.
Also at the event will be a dance performance by Ashanti Cultural Events.
The event is free, and all ages are welcome. There will also be free refreshments. Held on Friday, January 17, at 6:30 p.m. at the Tamarac Community Center Located at 8601 West Commercial Blvd.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications