By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac honored veterans as well as unveiled a new panel of its Veterans Honor Wall on Sunday.
Installed in 2016, the honor wall was dedicated to the men and women who served our country. Designed by Coral Springs glass artist Zachary Knudson, the wall includes lighted glass panels which encircle an eternal flame sculpture. Most panels are etched with the names, ranks, military branches and years of service of veterans who are, or were, Tamarac residents. Today’s ceremony brings the number of names on the wall to 1,000.
This year’s featured speaker was Brigadier General Edward H. Merrigan, Jr. who is a Broward County Circuit Court judge.
The Veterans Affairs Committee includes: Ishman Davis; Dominic S. Gray; Robert Horwith; William Mei; Veronica Palomino; Joseph Schvimmer; Dr. Benjamin F. Stephenson; and Howard Sternberg. “Amazing Grace” was played by bagpiper Brock Cline and the National Anthem was performed by Chantal Deshaies.
Included at the event was the Massing of Colors by the Tamarac Fire Rescue as well as music played by the J.P. Taravella High School Concert Band and special messages by the mayor and city commission. Light refreshments were provided after the service by VITAS Health Care.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.12.12Official 2020/21 Broward County Public Schools Calendar
- News2019.12.11Marlon Bolton Appointed Vice Mayor at Tamarac Commission Meeting
- News2019.12.11Sheriff Tony Terminates Deputy for Using Excessive Force on Tamarac Teen
- News2019.12.10Free Living Interactive Recreation of Bethlehem is Back in Coral Springs