By Kevin Deutsch
A 22-year-old Tamarac man was arrested earlier this month for allegedly having sex with a teenage girl and soliciting sexually explicit selfies from her, court records show.
Alex Anglade, of 7760 NW 70th. Ave. was busted by Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies after the mother of the victimized girl provided them with details of his crimes in March, according to an arrest affidavit. He confessed to investigators on Dec. 7 and was arrested that same day, records show.
Anglade is accused of having sex with the girl twice, once in January and once in February, when she was between 12 and 16 years old, according to BSO.
Deputies said Anglade admitted to knowing the victim was underage. They also recovered the iPad on which Anglade kept the explicit photos he’d asked the girl to take of herself, according to the affidavit.
Records show Anglade was booked into the Broward Main Jail on charges of lewd and lascivious acts with a minor, transmitting child pornography, and using a computer for obscene communications to solicit a child.
He was released on unspecified bond.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Man Had Sex With Child, Solicited Explicit Photos
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Uses Rock to Smash Store Window, Steal Merchandise
- News2022.12.10Tamarac Crime Update: Four Vehicles Stripped of Tires, Rims