By: Saraana Jamraj
Yoga, one of the most popular ways to exercise and relax, is coming to Tamarac for free, and it’s open to residents of all experience levels.
Tamarac Parks and Recreation has partnered with Yoga 4 Change and will be offering weekly yoga classes and guided meditations to residents and visitors at no cost.
Both yoga and meditation are ancient practices that have gained popularity in recent decades, especially due to their reputation for increasing mindfulness.
The classes offered by Tamarac are specifically geared to improve concentration, decrease muscle tension, alleviate pain, and promote relaxation.
The classes take place every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at Mainlands Park, 4500 Monterey Drive. Attendees must bring their own mats, and while the class itself is complimentary, donations are welcomed.
- Saraana Selene Jamraj is a writer, activist, and a student pursuing her master's degree in mass communications at Florida International University.
She's currently the communications manager at The Salt Box in Parkland and has lived in Coral Springs since 2004.
- News2020.02.21Apply Now for Over 800 Census Jobs in Tamarac
- News2020.02.19Bolton Announces Bold New Plans for Seniors and Residents at Tamarac Fundraiser
- Events2020.02.17Tamarac Wants to Hear from Parents of Children with Special Needs
- News2020.02.13‘All Muscle Saturdays’ Workout Classes Held at Tamarac Fitness Court