By: Saraana Jamraj
Yoga, one of the most popular ways to exercise and relax, is coming to Tamarac for free, and it’s open to residents of all experience levels.
Tamarac Parks and Recreation has partnered with Yoga 4 Change and will be offering weekly yoga classes and guided meditations to residents and visitors at no cost.
Both yoga and meditation are ancient practices that have gained popularity in recent decades, especially due to their reputation for increasing mindfulness.
The classes offered by Tamarac are specifically geared to improve concentration, decrease muscle tension, alleviate pain, and promote relaxation.
The classes take place every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at Mainlands Park, 4500 Monterey Drive. Attendees must bring their own mats, and while the class itself is complimentary, donations are welcomed.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. She's completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2020.09.27Tamarac Talk Interviews Candidates for City Commission District 1
- News2020.09.25Tamarac Talk Interviews Candidates for City Commission District 3
- News2020.09.22Feeding South Florida Food Distributions Continue in Tamarac and Nearby Cities
- News2020.09.22Drive-Thru Halloween Haunt Provides Safer Option for Tamarac Holiday Celebrations