By: Saraana Jamraj
Yoga, one of the most popular ways to exercise and relax, is coming to Tamarac for free, and it’s open to residents of all experience levels.
Tamarac Parks and Recreation has partnered with Yoga 4 Change and will be offering weekly yoga classes and guided meditations to residents and visitors at no cost.
Both yoga and meditation are ancient practices that have gained popularity in recent decades, especially due to their reputation for increasing mindfulness.
The classes offered by Tamarac are specifically geared to improve concentration, decrease muscle tension, alleviate pain, and promote relaxation.
The classes take place every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at Mainlands Park, 4500 Monterey Drive. Attendees must bring their own mats, and while the class itself is complimentary, donations are welcomed.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- NewsDecember 6, 2021Social Club for 55-Plus Caribbean-Americans Launches with First Event
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- NewsAugust 25, 2021Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- NewsMarch 16, 2021Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover