By: Saraana Jamraj
After a month-long hiatus, the city commission will meet again, and among several items, there will be a resolution to revitalize and improve Sunset Point Park and Veterans’ Park.
The proposal comes from Parks and Recreation Director Greg Warner, who said the renovations would include updating the restrooms and parking lots in both parks, along with additional enhancements to the Veterans’ Park.
The reason for this was that both parks had seen a significant increase in usage, and the restroom facilities are aged, and conditions were not up to standards. The parking lots are also insufficient for the current level of use.
The proposal includes 36 additional parking spaces at Sunset Point.
“We’ve heard concerns from the surrounding communities because people are parking in their communities and the roads,” said Warner.
Warner noted they want to be able to accommodate the events held at the parks better, like the Farmer’s Market. A reconfiguration of the space to better accommodate the booths at the market is on the table as well.
The city received six proposals from different architects and narrowed it down to three to submit second proposals. Of the three, they determined CPZ Architects, Inc. best met the needs of the project.
CPZ is a local firm, located in Plantation, and has extensive experience working on similar projects in parks and recreation.
The total project will be $284,575.50, and the item will be up for discussion on Wednesday, February 12, at Tamarac City Hall, at 7:00 p.m.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac