By: Sharon Aron Baron
Eleanor Deibel celebrates another significant milestone on Wednesday.
The long-time Tamarac resident turns 103-years-old. However, due to the COVID-19 lockdown at the Tamarac Rehabilitation and Health Center, she’ll be celebrating without her two closest friends and former neighbors.
Last year, Susan Grimes and Felicia Fox hosted a birthday celebration for her at the center. However, this year has been different.
“Unfortunately for the last two months, we haven’t been able to visit with her due to the virus locking down her facility,” said Susan, who added that the Center treats her very well.
At 103, she is the oldest resident there.
A Tamarac resident for over 50 years, Eleanor lived in the Mainlands 10 where Felicia would check in with her — that is before she broke her hip.
She has now been at the facility for two years and has no family.
Eleanor’s husband, George, was a WWII veteran who passed away 13 years ago at the age of 90. As a young woman, Eleanor was part of a professional acrobatic dance troupe that traveled and performed in the northeastern part of the country. After that, she worked at Sears in Fort Lauderdale before retiring in 2002 at the age of 85.
Susan said Eleanor continues to stay strong and has an amazing will.
“She never fails to make everyone smile there with her stories, and as you can well imagine at 103-years-old, she certainly has many stories to tell.”
Both Susan and Felicia are hopeful that when all this passes, they will be able to enjoy a belated birthday celebration with her.
“She has a great sense of humor and is as tough as nails. She truly is a wonderful woman.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year