Tamarsha Brown and Wicliff Fleurizard
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Two Tamarac residents have been named 2018 All-Florida Academic Team winners by the Florida College system.
Tamarsha Brown and Wicliff Fleurizard, who attend Broward Community College, were two of eight students who were distinguished as 2018 All-Florida Academic Team winners which recognizes outstanding students across the state for their academic achievements, leadership skills and service to the community.
Each year Broward College nominates exceptional students to the competition, which is sponsored by USA Today and the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society.
Other honorees are: Maria Jose Delgadillo, Kemari Loy, Migaheld Maxinau, Alirio Mijares Uribe, Medjyna Moreau and Kezia Moros-Achong.
“This is a great achievement,” said Interim Director of the Honors College Quakish Liner. “These students have proven themselves among the academic elite. This award opens the door for additional scholarships and improves their resume for opportunities like transfers and internships.”
To qualify for selection, students were required to complete an application, provide transcripts and a letter of recommendation. Submissions were reviewed by College deans prior to an interview by campus presidents. Approved applications were forwarded to the All-USA Academic Team competition for consideration.
“Broward College is honored to be represented among the All-Florida Academic Team and extremely proud of the achievements of these incredibly talented students,” said Broward College President J. David Armstrong, Jr. “Our students continually demonstrate the success of the college system. Their hard work highlights our mission and purpose and offers great motivation for what we do.”
The Florida College System will recognize all 132 students from across the state at an awards ceremony on Friday, April 6, 2018, in Tampa, Florida. For additional information on the event, visit the Florida College System website.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County