By Kevin Deutsch
A Tamarac teacher was arrested Friday for allegedly molesting a 12-year-old student at West Broward Regional Library in Plantation, police said.
Leslie Wolfe, 63, of Hollywood, who teaches sixth grade at Bethlehem Junior Academy at 6855 W Commercial Blvd, was conducting a private tutoring session with the girl on Wednesday, Nov. 10, when the abuse occurred, according to the Plantation Police Department.
Wolfe, who police said privately tutors students in math and chemistry, is charged with lewd and lascivious molestation of a victim 12 to 16 years old by an offender 18 years old or older, and lewd and lascivious conduct by a person 18 years old or older, according to court records.
He was being held on a $150,000 bond Monday evening at the Broward Main Jail.
Bethlehem Junior Academy is a Tamarac Christian school with approximately 186 students in grades K-8.
Police said they are concerned Wolfe may have victimized other children who were his tutoring clients. They ask that anyone with information call Plantation Police Detective Miguel Lopez at (954) 797-2218.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2021.11.26Tamarac Crime Update: Disturbance on School Grounds After Expulsions
- News2021.11.22Miami-Dade Police Officer Dead After Suicide Attempt in Tamarac
- News2021.11.19Tamarac Crime Update: Assault and Auto Theft
- News2021.11.18Sheila Cherfilus-McCormick Certified as Winner of Democratic Primary