By Agrippina Fadel
Tamarac University is accepting applications for the fall “semester.”
An eight-week interactive program, Tamarac University gives students a behind-the-scenes look at the city and its departments.
The program begins on September 6 and on subsequent Tuesdays, from 6 to 8 p.m., with the final class scheduled for October 25 and graduation on Wednesday, November 9.
Tamarac University allows participants to meet the city manager and department heads face-to-face and learn about the role of local government and public service in a classroom-like atmosphere.
Held twice each year, the program provides networking opportunities for civic-minded residents each Spring and Fall. Some alumni run for local office after graduating including Carol Mendelson and David Mountford, who are on the ballot for the District 4 commissioner seat in November.
The registration deadline is Friday, July 22. Applications are reviewed by a committee composed of city staff, and participants are notified of their acceptance by phone or email four weeks in advance. Admittance to the program is contingent upon background screening.
For more information, email James.Twigger@tamarac.org or call 954-597-3904.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo