By Agrippina Fadel
Tamarac University is accepting applications for the fall “semester.”
An eight-week interactive program, Tamarac University gives students a behind-the-scenes look at the city and its departments.
The program begins on September 6 and on subsequent Tuesdays, from 6 to 8 p.m., with the final class scheduled for October 25 and graduation on Wednesday, November 9.
Tamarac University allows participants to meet the city manager and department heads face-to-face and learn about the role of local government and public service in a classroom-like atmosphere.
Held twice each year, the program provides networking opportunities for civic-minded residents each Spring and Fall. Some alumni run for local office after graduating including Carol Mendelson and David Mountford, who are on the ballot for the District 4 commissioner seat in November.
The registration deadline is Friday, July 22. Applications are reviewed by a committee composed of city staff, and participants are notified of their acceptance by phone or email four weeks in advance. Admittance to the program is contingent upon background screening.
For more information, email James.Twigger@tamarac.org or call 954-597-3904.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2022.12.06Broward Democratic Party Holds Annual Meeting and Holiday Party
- News2022.12.06South Florida Hindu Society Hosts Networking Event Dec. 10
- News2022.12.06Annual Light Up Tamarac Grand Chanukah Festival Includes LED Robots and 9-foot Menorah
- News2022.12.06City of Tamarac Holds Annual ‘Paws With Claus’ Holiday Party Dec. 10