By Agrippina Fadel
The new hotel at Colony West is finally open, with 120 rooms, a complimentary continental breakfast, and an outdoor pool.
Fairfield by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Northwest had its soft opening on October 2. The ribbon-cutting ceremony and grand opening are set for Tuesday, November 7, from 6 to 8 p.m. The event includes site tours of the property, light refreshments, music, and raffled gifts.
The hotel, situated on the Colony Golf Course, features free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour Fitness Center. The newest Marriot in the Fort Lauderdale area, the hotel is less than five miles from HCA Florida Woodmont and University Hospital and 12 miles away from the airport and the Sawgrass Mills Mall.
Mayor Michelle Gomez was excited to see the hotel finally open and believes residents share the sentiment.
“Now, when people have events and occasions and family comes to town to visit, they will have a place to stay,” she said.
Gomez added that residents and guests of the city who attend functions at the Colony West can now also use the hotel, making for a better experience.
“We can now extend our events and potentially host golf tournaments and major conferences. It is a piece that we have been missing that will benefit the residents and the businesses in the area,” the mayor said, adding that there is an excellent relationship between the hotel management, Colony West, and the city.
Gomez said the long-awaited addition of the hotel is part of the overall planning for the economic development of Tamarac and making the city a destination for travelers and developers.
“The hotel will allow more people to visit Tamarac, spend their money here, spend time in Tamarac Village, and enjoy our upgraded plazas, parks, and amenities,” Gomez said.
Fairfield Inn & Suites, Fort Lauderdale Northwest, is at 6800 NW 88th Ave. in Tamarac.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo