By Agrippina Fadel
Tamarac children and their parents are invited to the Gun Safety Class hosted by the Broward Sheriff’s Office and the City of Tamarac.
Held on Tuesday, November 7, from 6 to 7:30 p.m., at the Tamarac Community Center, the course is tailored for children ages 8 – 14. All children must be accompanied by parents. Refreshments and free gun locks will be provided.
According to the BSO, unsecured handguns can fall into the hands of children, resulting in hundreds of devastating and preventable tragedies each year. Sheriff Gregory Tony advises residents to take precautions for the safe storage and handling of firearms when they choose to own them.
The class includes basic firearm safety and best practices on how to properly secure and store handguns.
Tamarac Community Center is located at 8601 W. Commercial Blvd. Seating is limited; RSVP to Deputy Jennifer Marion at (954) 247-6016 or Jennifer_Marion@sheriff.org.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo