By: Sharon Aron Baron
An armed robber attempted to steal purses from two women returning from the grocery store and Broward Sheriff’s Office robbery detectives are releasing surveillance video so the public can identify the male suspect.
Just before 6 p.m. Saturday, March 28, BSO deputies responded to a robbery attempt at the Cypress Chase South apartment complex located at 2649 N.W. 48th Terrace in Lauderdale Lakes.
As the female victims, ages 65 and 71, rounded the corner of the apartment complex carrying groceries, they were confronted by a male subject armed with a handgun.
The subject demanded the victims hand over their purses, but then ran off after one of the victims screamed out in anger.
The subject, described to be a tall, lean black male in his 20s last seen wearing a black shirt, red shorts, and dark blue wide-brimmed hat, was caught on camera exiting the rear passenger side of a white Ford Fusion moments before the incident occurred.
The driver of the Ford appears to be wearing a white tank top.
Detectives are asking anyone with information regarding this case to contact BSO Robbery Detective Marcos Ruiz-Toledo at 954-321-5018. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Subscribe to Tamarac Talk
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 10, 2023Meet 2 Delightful Companions Awaiting Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity