By Kevin Deutsch
A person was found dead during a fire in a residential building in North Lauderdale Wednesday morning, authorities said.
Broward Regional Communications got a call about the blaze in the 1800 block of Southwest 81st Avenue around 8 a.m., according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
BSO deputies and members of North Lauderdale Fire Rescue rushed to the scene, where they found one occupant of the building dead.
The building was evacuated and the fire extinguished, deputies said.
BSO’s homicide and crime scene units were notified to investigate, according to BSO. Investigators with the State Fire Marshal’s Office were also contacted.
The probe into the fire is ongoing, deputies said.
Authorities did not say what might have caused the blaze, and the dead person’s identity was not immediately made public.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2023.05.13‘Kill Them One by One’: Man Pleads Guilty to Threatening Election Workers
- News2023.05.12Caught on Camera: Help Solve a Murder Mystery in North Lauderdale
- News2023.05.11Hot ‘Nugget’ Controversy: McDonald’s Faces Lawsuit Over ‘McScalding’ Incident
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose