By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac has released the 2021 bulk trash pick up schedule for Waste Management, and since pickup comes only once a quarter for condos, residents may want to take advantage of the dates.
For homeowners, bulk trash is collected weekly and includes household items such as couches, chairs, mattresses, tables, appliances, carpeting, etc.
Residents in condos should contact their property management company before setting out bulk trash materials to determine when and where to place the items.
Condominium Pick-Up Dates are:
January 6, 2021
April 7, 2021
July 7, 2021
October 6, 2021
Yard waste can be placed in the same carts as household garbage. Yard waste includes grass trimmings, tree limbs, palm fronds. Make sure it is bagged and cut to size to allow the lid to close completely. Yard waste can also be set out separately for collection on the regularly scheduled bulk trash day. Yard waste set out for collection must be cut and bundled so that it is no longer than four feet in any direction and no heavier than 40 pounds.
Construction material including roof shingles, tiles, remodeling or construction debris, sheetrock, concrete, brickwork, etc., will not be collected with bulk.
Also, any “commercially generated” waste will not be collected. This includes yard waste or debris left by a landscaping service, contractor, electrician, etc. This type of material should be removed by the contractor and disposed of legally and responsibly.
Bulk items should be placed curbside no more than 12 hours before the scheduled collection.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting