By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac has released the 2021 bulk trash pick up schedule for Waste Management, and since pickup comes only once a quarter for condos, residents may want to take advantage of the dates.
For homeowners, bulk trash is collected weekly and includes household items such as couches, chairs, mattresses, tables, appliances, carpeting, etc.
Residents in condos should contact their property management company before setting out bulk trash materials to determine when and where to place the items.
Condominium Pick-Up Dates are:
January 6, 2021
April 7, 2021
July 7, 2021
October 6, 2021
Yard waste can be placed in the same carts as household garbage. Yard waste includes grass trimmings, tree limbs, palm fronds. Make sure it is bagged and cut to size to allow the lid to close completely. Yard waste can also be set out separately for collection on the regularly scheduled bulk trash day. Yard waste set out for collection must be cut and bundled so that it is no longer than four feet in any direction and no heavier than 40 pounds.
Construction material including roof shingles, tiles, remodeling or construction debris, sheetrock, concrete, brickwork, etc., will not be collected with bulk.
Also, any “commercially generated” waste will not be collected. This includes yard waste or debris left by a landscaping service, contractor, electrician, etc. This type of material should be removed by the contractor and disposed of legally and responsibly.
Bulk items should be placed curbside no more than 12 hours before the scheduled collection.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family