By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac wants to provide an environmentally-friendly alternative to dispose of used Christmas trees, turning them into mulch and wood chips.
The trees will be chipped and used for city landscaping projects, and not only does it provide a safe alternative, but it also gives them a second life.
Tamarac residents can bring their Christmas tree to the Public Services Complex, 6011 Nob Hill Rd., for recycling during regular business hours through Friday, January 22, 2021. They must be free of all decorations, ornaments, and stands.
Christmas trees may also be placed for curbside collection on regular bulk garbage pick up days. Live trees must be free of all decorations.
Residents in condos can also take advantage of the quarterly bulk collection that’s scheduled in January. Please coordinate with your condo association regarding where to place trees for collection.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County