By: Claire Cornish
Amber is starting to worry that she is getting overlooked at the crowded shelter where she is currently living.
Perhaps it’s because she seems so happy and carefree all the time; people don’t realize that she is secretly longing for a home and a family who will love her forever. Or, it could be because she is polite and waits to be petted when strangers walk by, instead of jumping up or bowling them over. Sometimes she worries that nobody sees her good manners, or her pretty grin, or how well she gets along with other animals.
Amber is a tremendously fun, playful dog who will melt even the coldest of hearts, and she loves to run in the yard, chase after a tennis ball, or accept belly rubs by the dozen.
Amber says to Tamarac residents: “I’m such a good girl, won’t you please take me home and love me forever?”
Amber’s ID number is A2014053, and she is currently at Broward County Animal Care and Adoption, 2400 SW 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale. Open Tuesday – Sunday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2019.12.12Frida is the Friendliest Girl at Broward County Animal Care Who Needs a Forever Home
- News2019.12.04This Good Boy at Broward County Animal Care Needs a Loving Family
- News2019.11.12Amber Keeps Waiting for a Forever Home at Broward County Animal Care
- News2019.10.29Meet Duval: This Obedient Boy From Broward County Animal Care Needs a Forever Home