By Agrippina Fadel
Tamarac University is ready to welcome more students, and registration for the Class of Spring 2023 is officially open.
An eight-week interactive program held twice a year, Tamarac University allows residents to get a behind-the-scenes look at how municipal government operates and what it takes to run the city smoothly.
The classes start on Tuesday, March 7, and run on subsequent Tuesdays, from 6 to 8.30 p.m., with the final class scheduled for May 2 and graduation on Wednesday, May 10. Participants must attend at least six of the eight classes to graduate.
Students visit city facilities and meet the city manager and department heads face-to-face, and each week, they learn about the role of different government sectors.
Tamarac University provides networking opportunities for civic-minded residents and serves as a training ground for volunteers, with some alumni running for local office after graduation.
The registration deadline is Friday, January 27. Applications are reviewed by a committee composed of city staff, and participants are notified of their acceptance by phone or email four weeks in advance. Admittance to the program is contingent upon background screening.
For more information, email James.Twigger@tamarac.org or call 954-597-3904.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.02.02Tamarac Resident Plans to Run Against Marlon Bolton; Calls for Ethical Leadership
- News2023.01.31City Commission Postpones Federal Aid to Tamarac Homeless, Domestic Violence Victims, and Rent-Stressed Residents
- News2023.01.31Culver’s Announces Tentative Opening Date in Tamarac
- News2023.01.30Ticket Alert: Comedian Sarge Brings His Hilarious Show to Tamarac