Just after 10 p.m. on Friday, December 30, an adult male was stuck and killed while riding his bike in North Lauderdale.
The preliminary investigation by the Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Unit detectives revealed Katari Allwood was traveling southbound in a 2021 BMW 840i sedan on Southwest 81st Avenue. At the same time, the victim was traveling westbound on Southwest 11th Street on a Trek bicycle.
When the bicyclist crossed the southbound lanes, the BMW hit the right side of the Trek bike. This caused the rider to land on the vehicle’s hood and carried until the car left the road, went through the swale, and hit a utility box. The bike rider was thrown from the hood as the car spun around and rolled over.
Both the rider and the vehicle ended up on Southwest 12th Street.
The cyclist, whose name was not released due to Marcy’s Law, was pronounced deceased on the scene. Paramedics from North Lauderdale Fire Rescue transported the driver of the vehicle and three passengers to a local hospital for treatment.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: Woman Selling Item on NextDoor Robbed At Gun Point
- NewsNovember 24, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: German Shepard Attacks Man and his Dog
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: $20K Stolen From Victim’s Vehicle
- NewsNovember 10, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: Ceramic Statues Stolen in Neighborhood