By: Saraana Jamraj
Just in time for the holiday season, Tamarac residents have the opportunity to shop for unique, local, handmade gifts.
The Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce will be hosting “Biz Art in the Park,” which features 20 arts and crafts vendors and their original, handmade art.
“These unique pieces are perfect for holiday gifts and enhancements for your home. And you will be supporting local vendors,” said Peter Mason.
In addition to browsing, visitors will enjoy live music, a DJ, dancers, and games. Food and refreshments will also be available from Boyd Anderson High School culinary students for a minimal cost.
The event will begin with a community “Walk for Art” around Hampton Park Lake at approximately 11 a.m. and continue into the afternoon.
Students will also paint their art pieces during a live art competition between nine local schools, and the winners will be chosen at the end of the event.
Biz Art is a family-friendly event and will include interactive activities for children.
The event takes place on Saturday, November 16, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Hampton Pines Park in North Lauderdale. Admission is free.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- NewsDecember 6, 2021Social Club for 55-Plus Caribbean-Americans Launches with First Event
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- NewsAugust 25, 2021Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- NewsMarch 16, 2021Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover