By Agrippina Fadel
Bobby Brooks Wilson, the son of the legendary soul singer Jackie Wilson, is bringing his Rhythm & Blues show to the Kings Point Palace.
Held on Saturday, April 15, at 8 p.m., the show is $20 for residents and $25 for guests, with tickets available at the venue’s box office before and on the night of the concert.
Dubbed by his fans “Mr. Entertainment” for his talent of captivating the audience, Brooks Wilson was born in New York and later ended up in the foster system in South Caroline and did not know he was a son of a famed singer until much later in life.
His musical career started after he left the US Navy, moved to Honolulu, Hawaii, and joined the doo-wop group “The Love Notes” run by Papa Mars (Peter Hernandez Sr.) and his son, Little Bruno, now known as pop star Bruno Mars.
The Palace at Kings Point is located at 7622 NW 76th St. in Tamarac.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.06.08Tamarac Fire Rescue Employees Recognized During the EMS Week Awards
- News2023.06.06Capital Tacos Holds Grand Opening of Tamarac Location
- News2023.06.05Strike for a Cause by Joining the 6th Annual Chamber Bowling Tournament in Tamarac
- News2023.06.05Get Your Groove On During Free Jazzercise Class with the Mayor