By Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Animal Care has joined the 6th annual Clear the Shelters pet adoption campaign running through the end of August.
This year, because of COVID-19, the month-long effort will feature virtual pet adoptions and well as online donations.
To add to the excitement, not only are adoption fees waived on all pets, but those who adopt an adult cat, or dog that weighs 40 pounds or more, will be issued a special voucher for pet wellness care, including vaccinations; a one-year supply of flea/tick preventative and basic dental care—a $550 value for cats, and a $650 value for medium-to-large dogs.
Animal Care’s online process makes it very easy for residents to adopt a pet. Rather than the traditional visit to the shelter to view dogs and cats, prospective adopters can instead see pictures of the pets on Animal Care’s website.
If they see a pet they are interested in; they can then complete an Adoption Application. Once the application is submitted, the person receives a phone call from the Animal Care staff to discuss the pet. If the applicant wishes to finalize the adoption, the date and time is scheduled for the person to meet the dog or cat.
When the adopter arrives, they can interact with the pet. Adoption paperwork is finalized outside by their car, and the new adopter then leaves with their new dog or cat.
For those who wish to donate, the GreaterGood.org has partnered with NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations to provide matching funding to animal shelters across the United States. Donations can be made directly to Animal Care here.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County