By Selene Raj
The City of Tamarac has launched a new program giving eligible neighborhoods the opportunity to make upgrades and enhancements, including new signage, better lighting, and additional outdoor exercise equipment.
However, only certain neighborhoods within the city will qualify.
The Neighborhood Partnership Program will provide neighborhoods with the following: upgraded neighborhood signage and subdivision signage, median landscaping, neighborhood landscaping, low water use landscape projects, and hedge replacement projects.
Eligible neighborhoods will also have nuisance species removed, and street trees will be planted in rights-of-way. In addition, enhanced lighting and small outdoor fitness structures and exercise structures will be provided.
To qualify, properties must be located within the city and applicants must be active neighborhood associations, organizations, or HOA’s registered with the City of Tamarac.
The associations must have officers, including a president, treasurer, and secretary, and show minutes of the meeting where the officers were elected.
Neighborhood associations who wish to qualify must also be a Florida not-for-profit corporation in good standing, with no current code violations.
The applications for open enrollment can be found online and will be available from August 17 at 8:00 a.m. until August 28 at 4:00 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.01.26Broken Woodlands Country Club Fountain Being Refurbished by City
- News2021.01.18‘One Tamarac’ Multicultural Festival Moves Forward with New Date
- News2021.01.15Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Board Moves Closer to Final Approval
- News2021.01.06Rep Dan Daley Advocates for his District on 5 House Committees