By: Sharon Aron Baron
Students, parents and families are invited to attend Broward County Public Schools fourth annual College Fair where representatives from more than 125 national and international, public, private, two-year and four-year colleges and universities; technical schools; and all branches of the U.S. military will be in attendance.
Attending the College Fair provides an excellent opportunity to explore post-secondary options and learn about financial aid and admission requirements.
College Fair participants can attend workshops and information sessions on college and career planning, navigating the college admissions process and finding money for college. A counseling and resource center provides students and parents with personalized assistance and information on the SAT, ACT, Bright Futures Scholarships and more.
Financial aid advisors will also provide assistance to 12 grade students and their families on completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to access federal grants, loans and work-study opportunities. Admissions representatives and high school counselors, advisors and staff will be on site to provide information and answer questions. Students with special needs can learn about programs and services at colleges and universities for students with disabilities. Interpreters will be available.
Tamarac residents are welcome to attend. The College Fair is free and open to the public. No registration required and parking is available.The event is held on Monday, October 22, 2018, from 6 – 8:30 p.m., at Nova Southeastern University, Rick Case Arena, Don Taft University Center, 3301 College Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup