By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Town Hall meeting led by Superintendent Robert Runcie has been scheduled by the district to provide an overview of school safety measures.
Held on Monday, February 25, at J.P. Taravella High School, Tamarac parents and community members are invited to attend the public meeting to ask safety-related questions.
Security experts from Safe Havens, International, Inc., which provides independent security and risk assessment services will be providing the presentation. Their first phase, which included an assessment at each school to identify the physical security measures and building systems, was completed during the summer.
The second phase identified and evaluated potential hazards and risks, and opportunities to reduce vulnerabilities. This phase included observing traffic safety in the morning and afternoon, assessments of buildings and grounds, focus groups, surveys and simulations to evaluate the level of emergency preparedness. The second phase was completed in December.
The meeting by Broward County Public Schools will be held on Monday, February 25, beginning at 6:30 p.m. J.P. Taravella is located at 10600 Riverside Drive, Coral Springs, 33071.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.12.06Social Club for 55-Plus Caribbean-Americans Launches with First Event
- News2021.12.03TICKET ALERT: Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Holds Holiday Party Dec. 16
- News2021.11.29Detectives Investigate Missing Woman: Last Seen 3 Weeks Ago
- News2021.11.26Clear Space by Disposing Hazardous Waste on Dec. 4