By Sharon Aron Baron
Captain Jeff Cirminiello with the Broward Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in identifying the suspect in a home burglary.
Video surveillance footage from Sept. 23, shows the burglar shattering a rear sliding glass door just before 8:30 p.m. at a residence in the 8000 block of Sanibel Drive.
“Broward Sheriff’s Office. Is anyone home?” He asked before entering.
The burglar then searched the home and left with more than $1,000 worth of items.
Cirminiello pointed out the suspect was wearing white sneakers and some type of kneepad over sweats.
“I would like our great community’s help in identifying this brazen suspect,” said Cirminiello. “We cannot tolerate the act of violating the sanctity of someone’s home.”
Around the same time, a person of interest, carrying a clipboard and wearing a retractable lanyard, knocked on the victim’s front door, according to BSO, but he had nothing to do with the crime.
The victim was not home at the time of the burglary.
Cirminiello asks that residents help their neighbor and find the perpetrator. “Please do not hesitate to provide any information that may help,” he said.,
Contact Detective Wilmer Morales Tubens at 954-247-6014, or remain anonymous by contacting Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-247-6014.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition
- News2023.01.26School Choice Application Deadline for 2023/24 Fast Approaching
- News2023.01.26Pets of the Week: Juno and Jax Are Looking for Forever Homes
- News2023.01.25MISSING: Detectives Search for Woman From Tamarac