By: Sharon Aron Baron
Blessing of the Animals, conducted in remembrance of Saint Francis of Assisi’s love for all creatures, will be held by Broward County Humane Society on Sunday.
St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals and ecology, had a deep love of God which overflowed into a passion for God’s creatures. His sermons preached to animals and his insistence that all creatures are brothers and sisters under God.
Every year on or around October 4, Christians worldwide celebrate the Feast of St. Francis with prayers for the creation and a blessing of the animals.
The Humane Society of Broward County invites pet lovers to bring their special furry friends on Sunday, October 10, from 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. outside in the Memorial Garden located on the far east side at the Humane Society of Broward County.
Pets of all kinds are welcome, but they state they must be either in a secure carrier or on a leash. For more information, please call 954-731-8173. No RSVP is needed.
The Humane Society of Broward County is located at 2070 Griffin Road, just west of I-95.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes