By Sharon Aron Baron
After being forced against her will inside a residence, the Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies rescued the victim, but not without a fight with the suspect.
On February 7, at 11:11 p.m., BSO deputies responded to a call at the 5000 block of Northwest 36th Street in Lauderdale Lakes and located a witness who saw a man drag a female into an apartment.
BSO deputies immediately approached the apartment and knocked on the door announcing their presence. After repeated attempts to contact the occupants inside without a response and hearing people inside, deputies made entry, fearing the female inside was in immediate danger.
After deputies kicked the door in, they located Courtney Maynard, 24, inside a bathroom holding the victim down against her will with what appeared to be bruising on both of her eyes and blood on her face.
Deputies attempted to detain Maynard but he resisted arrest by striking a deputy in the chin before being taken into custody without further incident.
The victim was transported to Broward Health Medical Center for her injuries and was released.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’