By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man is shot and killed by Broward Sheriff’s Deputies after he murdered his ex-girlfriend and stabbed her boyfriend in an altercation.
Shortly after 7 a.m. on Wednesday, BSO responded to a domestic disturbance at 7907 Catalina Circle in the Catalina Lakes Townhouses. The caller advised that a woman was yelling for help.
Prior to the deputies’ arrival, one of the children called the victim’s current boyfriend. When he arrived, he got into a physical altercation with Ronny Santana Rodriguez, 43. The current boyfriend was stabbed and was able to retreat, safely get the children and grandmother out of the home and wait for deputies to arrive.
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded, and encountered Rodriguez, who had a knife inside the residence. A taser was deployed, and deadly force was used. The murder suspect was transported by BSO air rescue to Broward Health Medical Center where investigators said he died at approximately 8:35 a.m.
The victim, Rosa Hilda Martinez, 44, who lived in the townhome with her three children and mother, died at the scene. There were no injuries to the rest of the family.
No deputies were injured. Per BSO policy, the veteran sergeant who fired his weapon has been placed on administrative assignment. BSO homicide detectives are investigating the murder, and FDLE is investigating the deputy-involved shooting.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.12.07County Commissioner Urges Residents to Adopt at Holiday Paw-ty Event in Tamarac
- News2019.12.04Clear Space By Removing Hazardous Waste at Drop-off December 7
- News2019.12.0215-Year-Old Bicyclist Dies After Allegedly Hitching on to Truck
- News2019.12.01Japanese Wrestling Legends Head to South Florida For ‘Seasons Beatings’