By Agrippina Fadel
Come out for a meal and support a great cause as Tamarac deputies with the Broward Sheriff’s Office and Special Olympics athletes volunteer as celebrity servers raising funds for Special Olympics Florida.
Stop by the Applebee’s at 6005 N. University Dr., on Thursday, March 16, from 6:30 to 9 p.m., to meet local law enforcement officers and athletes and learn more about the campaign.
BSO joins the annual national “Tip-A-Cop” fundraiser to support Special Olympics Florida and partners with local restaurants. According to BSO, fundraisers had raised from $500 to $1500 on a single day in the past years.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo