By: Matt Rothman
The Trojans competed against Marjory Stoneman Douglas, South Broward, Seminole Ridge, Coral Springs High School, West Boca Raton, Dillard, and NSU University.
The boys finished second, two points behind MSD, with Nikai McNee taking first place in the triple jump. JPT had three relay teams place second, with Charles Green, Keon Clarke, Sebastian Merraro, and TraeJon Roberts competing in the 4 x 100 relay.
Charles Green, Keon Clarke, Sebastian Merraro, and Roberts took second in the sprint Medley Relay (800 Meters). At the same time, Ali Mustfa, Anthony Duncan, Donald Lee, and Dominic Martinez ran in the 4 x 1600 relay, and JPT also placed in the top five in five other relay races.
TYquez Jenkins, Maxwell Delien, Kavaughn Stewart, Dorian Miller, Roberts, and Nicholas Bailey all placed well individually.
The girls’ team finished in fourth place with 49 points and had Jade Brown win the 100 meters and the Aleah Marriott, Brown, Qyrah Spann-Pierre, and Ajah Arscottt winning the 4 x 100 relay, and Ajah Arscottt, Jade Brown, Yamila Elliott, and Qyrah Spann-Pierre taking first in the 4 x 400 relay.
JPT also placed fifth in the 4 x 800 Relay, while U’Myri Bain finished second in the triple jump and third in the long jump. Qyrah Spann-Pierre also came in third in the triple jump, and Aleah Marriot finished fourth in the 100 meters.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023J.P. Taravella’s Baseball Stars Lopez and Rivera Commit to Florida Division I Programs
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023J.P. Taravella Girls Volleyball Off to Best Start in 11 Years
- NewsSeptember 12, 2023J.P. Taravella’s Javi Miranda Commits to Join 3 Former Teammates in College
- NewsSeptember 6, 2023J.P. Taravella Boys Cross Country Finish 5th in Opening Race