By: Sharon Aron Baron
For the second time in two days, a pedestrian was killed on a busy Tamarac road.
On August 31, around 9:18 p.m. Robert Whitson, 65, of Boynton Beach was driving west on West Commercial Boulevard near Northwest 31st Avenue when an unidentified male pedestrian entered the road from the sidewalk on the north side of the road.
Whitson remained at the scene and called for help. After Tamarac Fire Rescue arrived, they pronounced the pedestrian dead at the scene. At this time, the Broward County’s Office of Medical Examiner and Trauma Services is working to identify him.
The investigation by BSO’s Traffic Homicide Investigation unit continues. Anyone with information can contact Det. Donnard Huneke at 954-321-4842.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2
- News2019.11.12Reserve Your Space for a Delicious Vegan “ThanksLiving” Dinner in Tamarac
- News2019.11.10Register Now to be Part of Tamarac University’s Class of 2020
- News2019.11.05City of Tamarac Holds Veterans Day Event November 11