By: Sharon Aron Baron
For the second time in two days, a pedestrian was killed on a busy Tamarac road.
On August 31, around 9:18 p.m. Robert Whitson, 65, of Boynton Beach was driving west on West Commercial Boulevard near Northwest 31st Avenue when an unidentified male pedestrian entered the road from the sidewalk on the north side of the road.
Whitson remained at the scene and called for help. After Tamarac Fire Rescue arrived, they pronounced the pedestrian dead at the scene. At this time, the Broward County’s Office of Medical Examiner and Trauma Services is working to identify him.
The investigation by BSO’s Traffic Homicide Investigation unit continues. Anyone with information can contact Det. Donnard Huneke at 954-321-4842.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family