By: Sharon Aron Baron
CareerSource Broward will host a virtual job fair to help connect job seekers with employers that have immediate hiring needs amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The job fair will remain open for 14 hours, giving job seekers the flexibility to access the online event multiple times throughout the day.
Available positions at the job fair will include customer service representatives, medical scribes, retail stock associates, cashiers, licensed insurance agents, security guards, and others. Companies scheduled to participate include Amazon, Walgreens, GEICO, Walmart, Broward County Government, ShipMonk, and more.
“There are businesses right here in Broward County experiencing an increased demand for their products and services during this global health crisis, including supply chain and logistics, warehouse distribution centers, retail chains, and call centers,” said Mason C. Jackson, President/CEO of CareerSource Broward.
He added that their ultimate goal is to help bridge the gap between those individuals whose jobs were impacted – or even lost – as a result of the COVID-19 crisis and companies that are looking to fill open positions.
The Virtual Job Fair will be held on Friday, May 1, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Preregister here: CareerSource Broward.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.06.02FBI Seeking Information on Individuals Inciting Violence During Protected Peaceful Demonstrations
- News2020.06.01Rollover Crash in Tamarac Leaves Two Dead
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 28
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony