By: Sharon Aron Baron
Anyone that drives along Commercial Boulevard east of University Drive knows that accidents are almost a weekly occurrence. For those that live in the area, it only seems to be getting worse as more communities are being developed, bringing more drivers to our streets.
On Thursday morning, I witnessed a driver run a red light on Commercial Boulevard in front of Woodlands Boulevard almost hitting a two cars making adjacent left hand turns. This wasn’t just someone who blew through a yellow light, this was someone who literally missed the light altogether because it was some time before he barreled through the intersection.
My mom, sister and daughter were all in the car as well, and thankfully were not in that lane. I caught up with the driver, who was at least in his 80’s or 90’s, who at first refused to roll down his window. After awhile, he did roll it down and said, “I made a mistake.”
This was a huge mistake which could have resulted in someone losing their lives.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town