By: Sharon Aron Baron
Anyone that drives along Commercial Boulevard east of University Drive knows that accidents are almost a weekly occurrence. For those that live in the area, it only seems to be getting worse as more communities are being developed, bringing more drivers to our streets.
On Thursday morning, I witnessed a driver run a red light on Commercial Boulevard in front of Woodlands Boulevard almost hitting a two cars making adjacent left hand turns. This wasn’t just someone who blew through a yellow light, this was someone who literally missed the light altogether because it was some time before he barreled through the intersection.
My mom, sister and daughter were all in the car as well, and thankfully were not in that lane. I caught up with the driver, who was at least in his 80’s or 90’s, who at first refused to roll down his window. After awhile, he did roll it down and said, “I made a mistake.”
This was a huge mistake which could have resulted in someone losing their lives.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.07.15Try Vegan Food at the Next Event in Tamarac
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.09Tamarac Businesses Gets Preference With City’s New Vendor Selection Process
- News2019.07.04Kenneth Behring, Founder, and Developer of the City of Tamarac, Dies