By: Sharon Aron Baron
Anyone that drives along Commercial Boulevard east of University Drive knows that accidents are almost a weekly occurrence. For those that live in the area, it only seems to be getting worse as more communities are being developed, bringing more drivers to our streets.
On Thursday morning, I witnessed a driver run a red light on Commercial Boulevard in front of Woodlands Boulevard almost hitting a two cars making adjacent left hand turns. This wasn’t just someone who blew through a yellow light, this was someone who literally missed the light altogether because it was some time before he barreled through the intersection.
My mom, sister and daughter were all in the car as well, and thankfully were not in that lane. I caught up with the driver, who was at least in his 80’s or 90’s, who at first refused to roll down his window. After awhile, he did roll it down and said, “I made a mistake.”
This was a huge mistake which could have resulted in someone losing their lives.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup