By: Chris Brunner
A man who committed a series of nearly identical strong armed robberies at four different Walgreens stores during the month of June is wanted by detectives at the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
The robber used the same technique in each crime. He selected an item, walked up to the cashier as if to pay, and once the employee opened the till he pushed them aside, reached over the counter and quickly grabbed handfuls of cash.
Security video captured the man in the act on June 21, at the Walgreens located at 3099 N. State Road 7 in Lauderdale Lakes. The next day, he committed the same crime at the Walgreens located at 3100 N. Andrews Ave. in Oakland Park. On June 25, he targeted the Walgreens at 3914 W. Commercial Blvd. in Tamarac.
Detectives believe that the same man committed a fourth strong armed robbery on June 11 at a Walgreens in the city of Plantation.
The suspect is described as a black male, possibly in his late 30s. He is approximately 5’ 7” with a slim to medium build. He has dark facial hair and dark shoulder-length dreadlocks.
He may have been driving an older model dark-green Toyota Corolla with an exhaust pipe that is hanging loose.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO detectives Marcos Ruiz-Toledo at 954-321-4236 or Mark Copley at 954-321-4738.
If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire
- News2021.01.11Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution January 13
- News2021.01.10Drive Carefully: School Zone Flashing Lights Inactive on Tuesday