By Agrippina Fadel
The City of Tamarac Celebrates Caribbean Heritage Month with a fun day in the pool.
Held at Caporella Aquatic Complex on Saturday, June 25, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Caribbean Heritage Splash Bash includes music and fun activities for the whole family.
Since 2006, heritage month has been officially observed around the country and honors the achievements and contributions of Caribbean immigrants and their descendants living in the United States.
The vision of the National Caribbean American Heritage Month program is to promote the recognition of the contributions of Caribbean immigrants to the United States of America, from founding father Alexander Hamilton to modern-day politicians, artists, athletes, and activists.
Caporella Aquatic Center is located at 9300 NW 58th St. Party admission is $5 per person.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Lauderhill Police Hold Next ‘Coffee with a Cop’ October 12
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Tamarac Offers Free Certification Course for HOA Board Members
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Ticket Alert: Flashback Four Rocks Kings Point Palace Sept. 23
- NewsSeptember 18, 2023Tamarac Holds Vintage Family Fun Day at Mainlands Park Sept. 23