By: Sharon Aron Baron
No more submitting permits in person because the City of Tamarac is now offering a new way to move your project through the process.
Introducing ePermits. ePermits are different from the current Electronic Permitting System which limited customers to tracking the process on their computers, but could only do that after they submitted the permit in person.
ePermits eliminates that trip. Customers upload their information into ePermits, and plans can be reviewed by staff on the computer without the hassle of paper files. Once the permit is approved, it is emailed back to the customer so payment can be made online. It will even allow the permit to be printed for the job site.
Before ePermits, the original review for the permitting process in paper form took two to three weeks to complete for the proposed six models for the new development of Central Parc, according to Building Director Claudio Grande. Once they went live with ePermits in March, the approved models were uploaded into the ePermits system and the new permits for the six spec homes were issued after only 4 days.
“Now that models have been approved in ePermits, every time Central Parc wants to build a new home, all they need to do is upload a copy of the pre-approved model into the ePermits system and the permit can be processed and issued within days,” said Grande.
After beta testing the new system, the City went public with the program in March and now the City is inviting all contractors, businesses, design professionals, architects and engineers to learn first-hand from staff about the steps they will need to take to use this new method of plan review and approval.
“Since we went live on March 3of this year, we have processed 2,042 permits through ePermits,” said Grande. “Of those, 1,200 have already been approved.”
The ePermits training session will be held on at City Hall on Thursday, August 7, from 9 – 11 a.m., in the Commission Chambers at 7525 N.W. 88th Avenue, Tamarac, FL 33321.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.19Make-A-Wish Surprises Tamarac Teen with Exclusive Shopping Spree
- News2021.01.18Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Food Distribution on Tuesday
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments