By: Matt Rothman
Former Coral Springs High School star Wilvens Fleurizard is off to an incredible start in his first full season playing college basketball.
In 25 games, Fleurizard has scored at least 30 points eight times, including a career-high of 38 against Fisher College (Massachusetts) on November 13. Along with all his scoring, the Tamarac native is averaging seven rebounds per game and 3.7 assists as his team is 10-16 this year.
“His competitiveness and drive to be the best make him special,” said CSHS Head Coach Devin Barta. “Kid is a true definition of a dog. I am thankful I got a chance to coach him.”
Fleurizard previously played two years on the varsity team for Coral Springs High School and was a part of the team’s District Championship in both 2017 and 2018. He averaged 24 points per game and was a third-team all State member as a senior.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Trojans Triumph in Season Opener After Baseball Team Dominates South Broward High
- NewsJanuary 26, 2024J.P. Taravella Sports Recap: District Championship, Senior Night & More
- NewsJanuary 16, 2024J.P. Taravella Varsity Teams Navigate Challenges and Triumphs in 2024 Season
- NewsJanuary 4, 2024Brandon Meyers Wins Broward County Bowler of the Year: Conference Awards Announced