Newly elected School Board Member David Thomas visited Tamarac’s Challenger Elementary during their monthly SAC meeting held in May.
The SAC or School Advisory Council is a team of people representing various segments of the community, including parents, teachers, students, administrators, support staff, business and industry people and other interested community members that meet to discuss the school’s academic plan and progress. At the May meeting, Thomas informed the council on how the changes in Tallahassee will be affecting our schools. He also spoke about the school board’s challenge of finding a new interim superintendent as well as a permanent replacement for Jim Notter who will be retiring in June.
David Thomas represents District Four in Broward County. This encompasses Parkland, Coral Springs, Tamarac, North Lauderdale and parts of Margate. Before Thomas ran for the school board in 2010, he taught Advance Placement courses at JP Taravella High School in Coral Springs where his wife Cindy continues to teach. Before he was a teacher, Thomas was a Certified Instructor and Executive Officer of a Training Facility at one of the Navy’s Pacific Training Commands, providing instruction to all Military Services, both foreign and domestic. He has served as the Florida Representative to the Navy’s National Curriculum Committee designing curriculum for all NJROTC classrooms in the country.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup