UPDATE: Detectives with the Broward Sheriff’s Office Missing Persons Unit have located 44-year-old Eric Shapiro. Shapiro was found unharmed and is being reunited with family, detectives said.
By Kevin Deutsch
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Missing Persons Unit is asking for the public’s help in finding a 44-year-old man missing from Tamarac.
Eric Shapiro was last seen around noon on Tuesday, Aug. 2, near HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital, 7201 N. University Drive, Tamarac.
Shapiro is 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighs around 200 pounds, has blue eyes, and is bald, according to BSO.
Detectives said he suffers from conditions that require medication.
Anyone with information on Shapiro’s whereabouts is asked to call BSO Missing Persons Detective Christopher Blankenship at 954-321-4268 or the BSO non-emergency number at 954-764-HELP (4357).
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 8, 2023Search Underway for Missing Tamarac Woman
- NewsDecember 8, 2023Detectives Search For Missing Teen From Tamarac
- NewsDecember 7, 2023“A Difficult Time”: Woodlands Clubhouse in Tamarac Will Be Demolished
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Lauderhill Hosts Dive-In Movie: ‘Jingle All the Way’