By Kevin Deutsch
A Tamarac man has been charged with two counts of sexual battery for having sex with a child family member, court records show.
Brian Cooper, 43, of West McNab Road, was arrested on Aug. 3 after Lauderhill Police determined he raped a female relative, who is under 16, in both Lauderhill and Orlando, according to an arrest affidavit.
Tamarac Talk is not identifying Cooper’s relationship to the victim in order to protect her identity.
Cooper told people he had sex with the girl starting when she was five, police said.
During those conversations, he referred to himself as a pedophile and rapist, the records state.
“I definitely did it, and I feel terrible,” he told one family member, according to the affidavit.
“I’m a piece of s— and I deserve to go to jail.”
Cooper is being held without bond at the Broward Main Jail. He has pleaded not guilty.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2023.05.31Crash Claims the Life of 18-Year-Old Coral Springs Man: Investigation Underway
- News2023.05.315 People Injured in Tamarac Crash, Taken to Area Hospitals
- News2023.05.13‘Kill Them One by One’: Man Pleads Guilty to Threatening Election Workers
- News2023.05.12Caught on Camera: Help Solve a Murder Mystery in North Lauderdale