By Agrippina Fadel
Some dogs like to play ball, others enjoy chasing squirrels, but Rome, a seven-year-old American Staffordshire Terrier, just wants to smell the flowers.
According to Broward County Animal Care, Rome was in pretty bad shape with wounds on his neck and face when he arrived in June 2021. Now Rome is completely healed and ready for his new forever home.
He is quite a charmer and loves people.
Brandee Smith, a long-time Coral Springs resident and a police department employee of over 30 years, took Rome out twice through the Lunch Buddy program.
She said he loves being outside, enjoys the car rides, and sticks his nose out of the window on the way to the park. Rome is a complete gentleman out in public and is very well behaved. He loves smelling flowers and pauses to sniff each one when he has a chance.
“He is a slow and obedient walker and doesn’t pull on the leash at all,” said Smith, adding that Rome would be a perfect pet for someone who enjoys a lot of downtime.
The Lunch Buddies program is open to all Broward residents over 18. High school students can participate with parents’ or guardians’ permission. The dogs can be taken out for a day, overnight, or a weekend. The paperwork is minimal, and the shelter provides the food, toys, and leash for the dog.
To adopt Rome (A2145056), foster, or take a dog out for lunch, email the shelter at firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule a meet-and-greet appointment and learn more about the adoptable pets, email ACADadoptions@broward.org.
The Adoption Center at Broward County Animal Care is located at 2400 SW 42 Street, Fort Lauderdale, and is open Tuesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Adoptions are at no cost and include spaying/neutering, vaccinations, a microchip, and a Broward County pet license tag.
Rome’s adoption also includes free pet food for life.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo