By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac’s 50th-anniversary events continued on Friday night when the food trucks rolled into the Sports Complex along with live music for some fun and relaxation for residents.
At sunset on Friday, the Fabulons played a concert in the Sports Complex Field and residents brought their lounge chairs, tables, and blankets for a free concert. The weather was so perfect and so cool, I wish I would have brought a sweater.
The following food trucks offered so many choices: Alisha’s Cupcakes, Boba Station, Dolci Peccati Gelato, Don Chuzzo, Flour Power, Mojo on the Go, The Philly Grill, Red Zeppelin – Rockin’ Lobster.
My husband and I had delicious lobster roll sandwiches, while the kids ate from the Philly Grill. We brought plenty of cash as this was pretty pricey fare, but I was surprised to see that they had debit card machines in those trucks. Very convenient.
We brought a table with us that we haven’t used since we used to go camping and that was perfect enough for us. Dessert was amazing and we couldn’t resist the beautifully decorated cupcakes. I only wished I had room for the gelato.
Besides the live music, there was a bounce house for children and the nearby playground plus tons of room for children to run around on the field.
I highly recommend this event and hope to see more just like it in the future. At least before the rainy season.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.05.25COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 25
- News2020.05.22COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 22
- News2020.05.22Tamarac’s Drinking Water Undergoes Routine Chlorination June 9
- News2020.05.20COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 20