By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac marks its 50th anniversary this year and lots of free events are planned to celebrate. First, is their 50th-anniversary video which shows a little of Tamarac’s history and has a brief interview with Tamarac Founder Ken Behring. Also, mark your calendar for all these great local concerts and events.
On Saturday, March 23rd at 4:00 pm the city will feature a “Rock All Ages Concert” – Featuring Blood, Sweat, and Tears. This band has earned multiple gold albums, ten Grammy nominations and three Grammy Awards, including the most prestigious of them all, Album of the Year. The event will also feature the Bon Jovi/Journey Tribute Band, plenty of food trucks, interactive games, rides for the kids, and a fabulous fireworks display. The event is free and will be held at the Tamarac Sports Complex, 9901 NW 77 Street.
Sunday, April 28th at 10:00 am is the Tri-City Classic Car Parade where the cities of Tamarac, Coral Springs and Parkland are partnering together to offer a Classic Car Parade. It will start at the Tamarac Community Center, 8601 West Commercial Boulevard, and end at the Parkland Equestrian Center.
Thursday, July 4th at 6:00 pm will be the Largest Birthday Celebration – Happy Birthday America and the City of Tamarac! Celebrate the biggest and best birthday party from 6 pm to 9:30 pm at the Tamarac Sports Complex, 9901 NW 77 Street. We invite you and your friends and family for a free outdoor concert. Grab your lawn chairs and your camera and get a snapshot with Uncle Sam and Betsy Ross. There will also be an entertainment area with rides, arts & crafts, and games. The Food Truck Collective will be on-site offering a variety of food for purchase. The night will culminate with an impressive choreographed fireworks display, which kicks off promptly at 9:00 pm.
Friday, July 19th, 5:30 pm is the Anniversary Time Capsule Dedication – Join us to celebrate the dedication of the Tamarac Time Capsule, designed by the City’s Public Art Committee. A barbecue and entertainment will follow the dedication. The event will be held at the Tamarac Community Center, 8601 West Commercial Boulevard.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.05.13Fallen Soldiers Honored at Tamarac’s Memorial Day Ceremony
- News2021.05.12Commission Votes Against $50,000 Leaked Memo Investigation, Hires New City Attorney
- News2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Tamarac, Sunrise, and Coral Springs
- News2021.05.11Bolton Blames Mayor, City Manager, After His Spending Items Are Leaked to Press