Coral Springs Police have arrested two individuals for an armed robbery that occurred at 711 Riverside Drive.
On Tuesday, a juvenile victim, 17, approached several Coral Springs Motor Officers who were conducting training at the Coral Square Mall and reported he had just been the victim of an armed robbery. The victim stated that he arranged on Facebook to sell an iPhone 4 to two individuals later identified as Deandre Chambers, 24, of Lauderhill and Marc Jean, 17, of Coral Springs.
Upon meeting at the agreed upon location of Big Lots, located at 725 N. University Drive, Chambers and Jean convinced the victim to move the meeting location to the Savannah Apartments complex located at 711 Riverside Drive. Once at the new agreed upon location, Chambers and Jean entered the victim’s vehicle where Jean immediately produced a handgun, pressed it against the victim’s torso and told him to “give it up.” The victim began kicking and sounding his horn at which time Chambers and Jean took the iPhone and forty dollars from the center console before exiting.
Chambers and Jean left in their vehicle; the victim began to follow them into the Coral Square Mall parking lot where he observed the motor officers training and reported the robbery.
Officers immediately relayed the information provided by the victim and surrounded the mall area. Witnesses reported seeing Chambers running through Macy’s where he was quickly detained and taken into custody without incident.
Jean was later found at a residence in Tamarac along with the vehicle used to flee the scene of the robbery. He was detained and taken into custody as well.
The iPhone taken during the robbery was later recovered by Coral Springs Police inside Macy’s.
Chambers and Jean were arrested and charged with one count of armed robbery. Chambers was transported to Broward County Main Jail. Jean was taken to the Juvenile Assessment Center (JAC).
Anyone with additional information is urged to call Detective Daniel Cucchi at 954.346.1285.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.12.072022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament Held Dec. 9
- News2022.12.06Santa Makes a Special Appearance at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland Dec. 9
- News2022.12.04Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break
- News2022.12.01Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club